The Lawrence Technological University (LTU) Collaboratory is a hands-on, regional resource center at LTU that fosters business growth and economic vitality. The Collaboratory assists entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and second-stage businesses with growing and launching ideas. This state-of-the-art collaborative environment for innovation provides training; mentoring and connecting with funding sources. Among the Collaboratory’s programs are Scale-Up, and Hardware Massive.
We help scale your business to more effectively drive revenue and efficiently produce products by providing mentors, workshops, and 1on1 customized support to help businesses:
- Develop more effective marketing tactics
- Design products for manufacturability
- Integrate advanced technologies
- Implement lean processes
- Execute sound business strategies
Hardware Massive is the global platform for hardware startups to meet locally, connect globally with the hardware startup ecosystem and access information and resources. This meetup started as the Detroit Area Makers & Manufacturers group, but have now joined the global Hardware Massive community as its Detroit chapter.
Entrepreneurship at Lawrence Tech supports the university’s vision of producing Leaders with an Entrepreneurial Spirit and Global View.
- Product prototyping, design & engineering support
- Exposure and integration of advanced manufacturing technologies
- Customer and market diversification strategy
- Student engagement including engineering challenges, internships, co-ops
Early stage, small, and medium-sized companies that are designing, engineering, and producing durable goods – “hardware companies” are best positioned to benefit from our assistance, especially if the business has a…
- Unique product or process
- Prototype or low production volumes
- Need to scale production
- Thirst to improve profitability and grow