The third talk in our “Innovation by Design” series: in this talk, we will share how our perceptions and biases (the way we see the world, ourselves, and our challenges & opportunities) all factor into if and how we innovate, both individually and organizationally. We will explore examples of organizations using design research to build empathy for customers and identify new revenue streams. Lastly, we will discuss what we can do differently to overcome the invisible constraints that often limit how we see, think, and work.
This series explores:
- new ways to address complex challenges in your organization
- how design and innovation practices can accelerate business growth
- developing your ideas and opportunities using human-centered design
- better understanding customer needs from their perspective
- engagement with the LTU Collaboratory network and other businesses in your sector
Design Thinking has been widely recognized as a framework for designing products, services, and processes from a human-centered perspective. It includes a set of tools, methodologies, and mindset that helps organizations to better empathize with and design solutions for their customers.
Tickets for this talk series are free with online registration
- Spotting Opportunity in Plain Sight
May 8, 2018
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Venue: LTU Buell Building M336
21000 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield, MI 48075 Buell Management Building Room M336 more…